My name is Berzan Mikaili Yildiz. I’m currently doing my Master’s in Computer Science at the Technical University of Munich and doing an honors degree at the Center for Digital Technology and Management.
On this page, I’ll tell you a bit about myself and what I’m up to at the moment. If you want a more conventional CV, reach out or check out my LinkedIn and GitHub profiles.
⭐ What I'm up to
- I work as a full stack engineer Corbado, building the password-less future of authentication.
- I’m doing my Master’s at the Technical University of Munich, with a focus on Algorithms, Software Engineering.
- I am doing an honors degree in Technology Management at the Center for Digital Technology and Management (where founders of startups like Foodora, TradeRepublic, Tier, Monzo and Freeletics have graduated from).
♻️ What I've done so far
- I worked as a dev at Lattice building games that run fully on the Ethereum blockchain.
- I worked on implementing Regression Test Selection for C++ using LLVM and Google Test Listeners as a Research Assistant at TUM.
- I was part of TUM Boring, a team at my university that won a competition by Elon Musk’s Boring Company to produce the best miniature drill. I work on the control systems connecting the drill to the outside world.
- I interned as a Software Engineer at Datadog from June to October of 2020. I worked on the Agent, an application running on millions of customer’s machines, gathering the data that is sent to Datadog.
- As part of my Bachelor’s Thesis and subsequent research at the chair of Software Engineering at TUM, I worked on Corvus, the first fully declarative framework for builting RESTful APIs in Swift.
- I co-managed the Google Developer’s Student Club, a community of over 100 active members with biweekly events on exciting topics in Computer Science and Software Engineering.
- My first internship was at Raytion, where I was lucky enough to be part of a team building a new, distributed version of their enterprise search engine.
- I’ve been a member of Academy Consult, a consultancy consisting of students working on projects with real customers. I built the mobile app with React Native and generated over 90 sales leads for a large telecom customer as part of a project.
🧬 About Me
- I love discovering new vegan recipes (especially high protein ones).
- I love singing and am currently taking singing lessons and learning the guitar so I’m able to write my own songs.
- I’m (unhealthily?) obsessed with tracking personal metrics. I track everything from diet, to sleep, to happiness, so I can quantify my monthly progress and steer it in the right direction.
- I grew up trilingual: German, Kurdish and Turkish. I also speak Spanish because I spent a semester in Barcelona on an exchange.-